It's always good to see them in Arkansas since the group has Arkansas ties. Both Mark Trammell and Randy Byrd are Arkansas natives and both had family members in the audience who live in the area.
Here are some highlights of the night -
|The Mark Trammell Quartet - Blake Buffin, Nick Trammell, |
Mark Trammell and Randy Byrd
- "God's Been Faithful" - This song never gets old. The message of this song always seems to be what I need to hear. It's become one of my all-time favorite songs. Mark does an incredible job on this song every time.
- "When the King Comes to Claim His Throne" - Love this song! It's always a fun one that the crowd enjoys.
- "To Know He Knows Me" - Nick wrote this song and is also featured on it. It's such a smooth song that has a different style from a lot of their other songs.
- "He Hideth My Soul" - Blake is featured on this classic hymn. Love hearing this great, old song! Mark said that it's a Tommy Fairchild arrangement.
- "Your Walk Talks" - Never gets old! Love Randy's step out bass lines and how he's made it his own!
- "The King Is Coming" - Of all the groups to sing this song, the Mark Trammell Quartet is my favorite. Love everything about their rendition of this Gaither classic.
Of course, the quartet sang some old Cathedrals songs, "Wedding Music" and "Echoes From the Burning Bush." I'm still impressed by how many songs they stage from Your Walk Talks. It really continues to speak to the strength of the project that they continue to sing so many songs from it night after night.
It's always good to see this group come back to Arkansas. Next time they are in your area, don't miss them!