Here's a line up of what they sang -
- "Life Is Like a Mountain Railroad"
- "I Just Can't Make It By Myself" - Love this new song, and it's a fun one to see live!
- "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" - This is my favorite hymn, and I love their a cappella take on this song!
- "O For a Thousand Tongues" - Nobody can sing this song like Kelly. Always love to hear her sing this.
- "Family Chain" - This song featured Autumn. Beautiful song!
- "I Don't Want to Get Adjusted"
- "Hallelujah" - Love hearing them sing this a cappella!
- "The Sun's Coming Up"
- "Then Came the Morning" - I love hearing Amber sing this song. This is a song that is included on their new Stronger Together project.
- "I'm Going Home With Jesus" - This is always a fun one to hear them sing live!
- "Down to the River"
- "I Stand Amazed"
- "Do Unto Others" - Another great a cappella song!
- "Excuse Me Are You Jesus" - Jason always does a great job on this song. He conveys the story of the song so well.
- "Amazing Grace" - This was a fun spin on the traditional hymn. Autumn sang the first line bluegrass style and the congregation repeated it the familiar way.
- "Precious Lord, Lead Me On"
- "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow"
- "Grandpa Tell Me About the Good Ole Days" - Good hearing Autumn sing this one by request!
- "We Shall Behold Him" - Amber was named Female Vocalist by AbsoutelyGospel.com just a few days before this concert. After this song, you definitely see why. That last note, WOW!
- "I'll Talk to My Father" - I'm so glad someone asked Kelly to sing this one. Love hearing her sing this song!
To close the night, Jason told the story about a couple from their church, Grady and Jessie. It was during the time the Nelons were off the road and Jason was serving as worship pastor. Grady would always ask if they were going to sing his song that morning. It became an inside joke between him and Jason. Grady was such an encouragement to him and their family. Right before the Nelons came back on the road, Grady got extremely sick with a rare form of cancer. Jason went to visit with him after the doctors gave him only a short time to live. Grady asked Jason to pray that he would be able to go to church one more time. The doctors had only given him hours to live. For the Wednesday night service the church decided to bring the worship service to him. About 700 people took church to Grady that night on his front porch. They sang, testified and read Scriptures. Jason said it was one of the most powerful worship experiences of his life. Jason said he knew it was a divine night. At one point, he leaned over to Grady and asked if he was enjoying it, but Grady asked him when they were going to sing his song. After a time of invitation, they sang his favorite song, "Because He Lives."
The Nelons sang one more before the night was over, "I'll Fly Away." The crowd was on its feet clapping and singing along.
It was an incredible night. I'm so glad the Nelons made their way back to Ward, Arkansas this year. If they are in your area, don't miss this family!