|Gold City - Robert Fulton, Chip Pullen, Daniel Riley, |
Joe Brown and Bryan Elliot
The night started with a local group of brothers, the Hayes Brothers. They sang a couple of classic songs like "Power in the Blood" and "He Touched Me" before Gold City took the stage.
Here's how the night went -
- "Somebody Sing Me a Gospel Song" - This was my first chance to hear Chip. He fits in so well with them, and did a great job on the song!
- "Cast My Bread Upon the Water"
- "I'm Saved, I'm Sure, I'm Ready"
- "I Can Tell You the Time" - It was good to hear Joe on this one. As much as I missed seeing Tim Riley, his vocals definitely did not disappoint!
- "Goodbye World Goodbye" - Bryan showcased his piano playing skills. The emcee for the evening called him a "talented and beautiful savant" at the end of the night. You could see most people (including Bryan) wondering what exactly that was. Regardless, we knew it was meant to be a compliment!
- "Footprints on the Water"
- "It Won't Be Long" - One of my favorites to see live!! Daniel talked about how he couldn't step out and strut because he was Baptist.
- "That Little Baby"
- "Calvary Conquers It All" - Before the song, Daniel talked about the faithfulness of God, and how even then we are unfaithful, He isn't. He always keeps His promises. I wasn't as familiar with this Gold City song, but Robert nailed it!! Wow!
- "I'm Not Giving Up"
There was a break, and the Hayes Brothers sang a couple more before Gold City returned to the stage.
- "Look Who Just Checked In"
- "Still the Cross" - This was a highlight of the night for me. Before the song, he talked about what a timely song it was. He thought that when he first sang it in 1996 and how it was even more true now. Love the song, and Daniel did an incredible job on it!
- "When I Get Carried Away"
- "Midnight Cry" - I feel like everyone measures a Gold City lead singer by how well they sing "Midnight Cry." If that's the case, Chip passed with flying colors. Another highlight of the concert!!
It was an incredible night of gospel music! Songs were a great blend of Gold City favorites and recent releases. I just hope it's not another year before I get to see them again!