Friday, September 28, 2018

2018 National Quartet Convention - Thursday Night Recap

I tuned in last night to catch the last part of Greater Vision's set. I will miss tonight's but be back for most of Saturday night.

Highlights and Commentary - 

  • Of course, Thursday has become known as Gaither day at NQC. I didn't hear if it was sold out like last year but just judging by the webcast it looked pretty full. The Gaither Vocal Band had a 45 minute set last night. The more I hear this lineup, the more I like them - Wes Hampton, Adam Crabb, Reggie Smith, Todd Suttles and Bill Gaither. Wes Hampton is one of the best vocalists on the road today, in my opinion.
  • Someone recently asked me who's going to be the next big up and coming group. My answer was the Jordan Family Band. I 100% stand by that after hearing them again last night during the power half hour on main stage. They are one to watch!
Favorite Performances of the Night - 
  • "He'll Carry Me" - Greater Vision
  • "When the Prodigal Comes Home" - Tribute Quartet
  • "My Faith Still Holds" - Mark Trammell Quartet
  • "Calvary" - Jim Brady Trio
  • "I Will Go On" - Gaither Vocal Band
  • "He Made a Change" - Legacy Five 
  • "Walking Through Fire" - Ernie Haase and Signature Sound
  • "He Never Made a Promise" - Kingdom Heirs
  • "You Better Get Right" - Jordan Family Band

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!