Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Joshua 24:15 - Jordan Family Band - CD Review

The Jordan Family Band might be a new name for many gospel fans. This family group consists of husband and wife Joshua and Randa Jordan and their sons, Hutch (17), Alex (12) and Grant (10). Their latest album Joshua 24:15 was my first real introduction to the group. I'd see a few viral Facebook videos and been impressed, but hadn't had a chance to really listen to the group.

While Randa is the main vocalist of the group, Joshua had a hand in writing all 11 songs on the projects with only two co-writes.

The project kicks off with "Our Time to Shine" which I think does a nice job of setting the tone and really saying where the group is now. Judging from this album, I think this project is the one that's going to make a lot of people notice the Jordan Family Band.

Joshua has a nice country voice that is featured on "Better Than I Used to Be" and "I Miss Them All." "Better Than I Used to Be" is a song that really can speak to every Christian regardless of where they are in their walk with Christ. "I Miss Them All" is a song that could easily fit on country radio.

"The Day" is one of the group's singles from this project. It features Randa, and to me is one of the strongest songs on the project. It tells the story of Christ's death and resurrection. Great Easter song! "

One of my favorite songs she sings is "My God Is Faithful." The song really showcases the mountain, folksy flavor in her voice. Songs about God's faithfulness can always serve as the reminder believers need.

"It's a Big Big World" and "Joshua 24:15" highlights Alex Jordan's young talent. "Remember the Ember" features oldest son Hutch. It's a great song with a strong message for a younger singer, but he delivers it well.  I can definitely hear the potential in both boys. Look forward to great things from them as they get older.

This might be your first time hearing about the Jordan Family Band, but it won't be your last. I expect great things to come from this group based on Joshua 24:15.

Song to put on repeat: "Our Time to Shine," "My God Is Faithful"

Songs to turn up: "The Day"

Songs to give a second listen (those songs that don't necessarily stand out on a first listen-through but then become a "repeat" song): "Remember the Ember," "How Much the More"

Song List -

1. "Our Time to Shine"
2. "I've Got You Covered"
3. "Better Than I Used to Be"
4. "The Day"
5. "It's a Big Big World (But I've Got a Big Big God)"
6. "My God Is Faithful"
7. "I Miss Them All"
8. "How Much the More"
9. "Joshua 24:15"
10. "Remember the Ember"
11. "Heart Healer"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!