Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Election Day!

I look forward to exercising my privilege to be able to vote this afternoon! And I hope you all are doing the same. As tempting as it is to share political views and why I think you should vote for a certain candidate, I'll refrain, but I do want to share this thought with you today.

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior" - 1 Tim. 2:1-4

God is ultimately in control no matter who wins today. God is more than able to change hearts and minds. As important as it is to pray for the election today, it's more important that we pray for the man in office to turn to God and seek guidance from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!