Thursday, January 12, 2012

Unusual Weekend

This is an unusual weekend in Arkansas. There are two Southern gospel groups coming to Central Arkansas. I've noticed that most of the time when one group comes, others often come around the same time, which makes for a fun weekend for me!

On Friday night, I'm going with a friend to see Gold City in Jacksonville. I was a fan of Craig West after seeing them this summer, but haven't seen them since Jerry Pelfrey joined the group. I've heard him compared to Ivan Parker, and honestly I've never been a big fan of his, but I'm anxious to see this new lineup.  I know they've had a rocky time with a lot of personnel changes, but I wish them the best and am still a loyal fan. I haven't seen them in a full concert by themselves since 2007, so I'm looking forward to a full night of Gold City.

Songs I hope to hear: When He Blessed My Soul, It Won't Be Long, Footprints on the Water, Where is God, and of course Midnight Cry

Then, the Perrys have a concert in Wynne on Saturday night. I saw them this summer for the first time. I'd been a fan for a while, but just never had the chance to see them in person. And I'm excited to see them in a full concert by themselves, there's something different about a group when they are by themselves, and you get to hear more of the testimony and talking between the songs.

Songs I hope to hear: I Wish I Coulda Been There, Almost Morning, Blue Skies, His Love Lights the Way

I'm going with different friends each night who are not necessarily strong gospel fans or at least not very familiar with southern gospel, so I'm also anxious to see what their reactions are going to be. Hopefully I can provide concert recaps for both nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!