Thursday, March 29, 2018

Experiencing Hope - Brian Free & Assurance in Ward - Concert Recap

A few weeks ago, Brian Free & Assurance came to Cocklebur Baptist Church in Ward, Arkansas. This was a church I had never been to before and when my GPS told me I had arrived, judging by the cow pastures on either side of me, I knew that I had not. I thankfully found the church just a couple more miles down the road. When I got there, it seemed that no else had trouble finding it because this small country church was packed out and they were setting up more folding chairs for the night's concert.

Brian Free & Assurance - Brian Free, Mike Rogers
and Bill Shivers
Brian Free & Assurance were part of the cruise I was on in January, so it hadn't been too long since I had seen the group before. It was good to hear them in a full concert setting though instead of just a 20-minute set. It was good to hear a few more songs from Beyond Amazed along with some favorite Brian Free & Assurance songs.

It was one of those nights where from the first few words sung you could tell the presence of God was in the room. The crowd was moved by the music and lyrics of each song. It was an amazing feeling in the room that night.

Here are a few highlights of the night -

  • "You Could Be the Difference" - Love hearing Mike sing this one!
  • "Leave With Nothing Left" - I don't remember hearing this one live before but it was definitely a standout track to me from their most recent project. Bill does a great job on this song. 
  • "He Can Take It" - This is the group's radio single right now featuring Brian. Love this song!
  • "Somebody's Miracle"
  • "Say Amen" - As much as I love hearing the group sing this one and seeing how the audience is moved by this sing, I have to say that what I loved most about this song that night was hearing a small girl behind me sing every word it her little high voice. I love that the music at a young age is impacting her. I'm always so thankful when I see parents and grandparents taking their young children to concerts to raise them up around this music like I was. 
  • "Live Like We're Redeemed"
  • "For God So Loved" - I've heard this song so many times, but that night this song struck such a chord with me that night. I love the lyric - "Hope was born through sacred blood." It's only through Jesus' shed blood on the cross that we have hope for the future. 
  • "Long As I Got King Jesus"
Brian gave a little bit of his testimony of how he was already singing gospel music when he gave his heart and life to Jesus. It doesn't matter the kind of life you live or how you might serve in the church, it's taking that step of salvation to ask Him to come into your life that really matters. It's surrendering ourselves to Him. 

I'm thankful that I kept driving just a few more miles past the cow pasture to find the church that night. Thank you, Brian, Bill and Mike, for a great night of worship!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this review. I've been aware of BFA's music for a while but it was only recently that I started becoming a bigger fan. Keep these awesome posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BFA is my favorite group - and they are always so good live! No matter the venue, it's always a packed house when they're in my area. Love them!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!