Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Moment #8 of 2013 - The Martins at Echo Hollow

Ok, the top #8 moment is a little sentimental for me. As a teenager I saw a group at Silver Dollar City's Echo Hollow that would start me on this journey of Southern Gospel music. This group inspired me to learn more about this industry, the music and the artists. The group that started it all for me was the Martins.

I saw the Martins for the first time more than 10 years ago at Silver Dollar City, and I had not seen them since then until this year back at Silver Dollar City and back in Echo Hollow. And they were just as fantastic as I remembered them being.

I don't have one really moment to highlight per se. There were many different songs that still stand out to me including a cappella songs like the doxology and a medley of hymns. However, one that I fondly remembered from that first night that they ended this night in 2013 on was "So High." It was a great end to a fantastic night that reminded me why I fell in love with this group and Southern Gospel music.

Here's one clip from that night's concert -



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!