Monday, September 24, 2018

National Quartet Convention - Monday Night Recap

Unfortunately, I am not at NQC in person this year. Last year was my first time to be there in person, and if you are a gospel fan, I highly recommend it. But this year, for me, the webcast will have to do. You can still subscribe if you are interested and you'll get to watch this year and last year on demand through the end of the year.

I tuned in tonight to catch the last part of the Jim Brady Trio's set, so I missed about the first hour of the night.

Highlights and Commentary -

  • The Tracy Stuffle tribute was not a moment I will soon forget. It was incredible and so touching to see all the former members come back to pay tribute. They sang "I Know It Was the Blood," "Plan of Salvation" with a video of Tracy, "I Rest My Case at the Cross," and then Libbi sang "I Will Find You Again." Major kudos to Libbi for powering through the song, because I couldn't see for tears by the end. It was great to hear all the quotes about Tracy from former members. The whole set was just class and such a touching tribute.
  • Clarke Beasley honored Libbi as a "hero of faith" before she left the stage. He then pulled up Kim Hopper and Chris Allman to sing "More Than Wonderful" in her honor as they have watched her faith remain steadfast through all the trials of the past several years. It was good to see her recognized as well as Tracy.
  • I enjoyed the longer sets of Karen Peck & New River and the Kingdom Heirs tonight. 
  • Karen Peck Gooch came up and joined former group member John Darin Rowsey and the Guardians on a song she cowrote "Uncommon Praise." I love when moments like that happen at NQC.
  • Of course, with NQC comes the release of several new projects. It was good to hear several groups debuting new songs on the main stage - the Guardians, Jim Brady Trio and Gold City. 


Favorite Performances -

  • "Ordinary Love" - Jim Brady Trio
  • "I Will Find You Again" - The Perrys 
  • "Gotta Be Saved" - Karen Peck & New River
  • "The Cross Is All the Proof I Need" - Triumphant Quartet 
  • "My Hope Is in the Blood" - Primitive Quartet
  • "God Fights on my Side" - The Guardians
  • "Calvary Answers for Me" - Kingdom Heirs
  • "All My Hope" - Gold City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!