Wednesday, September 26, 2018

2018 National Quartet Convention - Wednesday Night Recap

I was able to see most of the night's performances, but I'll confess I was multi-tasking most of the night. The night was very strong overall, but not as many individual stand out moments.


Highlights and Commentary

  • It has been interesting to see how several Southern Gospel artists are bringing more "modern worship" songs to the industry with their own spin on it. Of course, "Chain Breaker" was voted the favorite song today and Triumphant sang it tonight. The Talleys also sang "When Death Was Arrested" tonight. 
  • It's neat to see Gerald Wolfe, Lee Black, Stan Whitmire and Wayne Haun playing on piano for several of the groups that took the stage tonight. 
  • I also loved how Libbi pulled up several young artists to help them on "I Wish I Could Have Been There" tonight. 
  • Triumphant and the Isaacs had the two longer sets of the night. Triumphant proved why they are consistently favorite quartet and the favorite artist for 2018. I loved what Scotty said today at the Fan Awards. It's not only that they are the same four singers, but it's what they are accomplishing through their ministry. I love how the Isaacs did some of their older favorite songs that they have recently re-recorded.
  • I remember seeing the Chitans last year and being blown away, I felt the same this year.
  • I wish there was a better way to work in the new groups throughout the night. I feel like a large part of the crowd is missing out on some good music with these up and coming groups. 



Favorite Performances of the Night 

  • "He Welcomes the Beggar" - 11th Hour
  • "Faithful" - The Whisnants
  • "Christ, My Hope, My Glory" - High Road
  • "Sun's Gonna Come Up"- LeFevre Quartet
  • "When the Answer Is No" - The Talleys
  • "Hallelujah" - Triumphant Quartet
  • "Lord of my Heart" - The Isaacs
  • "Present in the Presence" - Guardians
  • "Washed by the Water" - Jason Crabb
  • "I Know I'll Be There" - Karen Peck & New River
  • "Sing in the Valley" - The Perrys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!