Sunday, September 2, 2018

2018 Southern Gospel Picnic - Silver Dollar City - Day 10

The Southern Gospel Picnic is about to wrap up with only two days left! It's hard to believe it's almost over and time to get back to the real world. It's been a great festival so far, and I'm looking forward to the last two days.

Yesterday, I got out to the park to see three different artists. Here are the highlights -


The Taylors
It was good to hear several songs from their new project, Faithful Again.

  • "Faithful Again"
  • "Anything Less" - One of my favorites from their new album!
  • "Love Still Flows"
  • "Beulah Land" - Jonathan asked if the audience would rather hear Chris sing "Beulah Land" or "In the Garden" there was no contest about what the people wanted to hear. They did an a cappella reprise of the chorus and it was amazing!
  • "I Pray Every Day"
  • "I'll Worship You Again" - Love hearing Suzanne sing this one live!


Jonathan Wilburn

I've been to A LOT of shows and sets in the past 10 days, but I have to say, the show I went to of Jonathan's had one of the sweetest spirits in the room I had experienced.

  • "Without Him" - Jonathan said this was not on any project, he just felt God leading him to sing this song with just the keys. And I'm so glad he did!
  • "Heaven's Jubilee"
  • "Peace in the Valley"
  • "Had It Not Been"


The Martins

This is the one time of year I get to hear the Martins and I just soak it all in. They sang several from their new project and of course their classic a cappella songs. It was an incredible night!

  • "He Leadeth Me" - I love getting to hear them sing this song a cappella!!
  • "Wherever You Are"
  • "Running"
  • "The Promise" - This song speaks to me every time. If I had to list my favorite gospel songs, this would be in the top five easy. It's always a treat to hear this one live!
  • "You'll Never Walk Alone"
  • "Love's Gonna Drive This Train"
  • "Good"
  • "Days Like This"
  • "Still Standing" - This is the title track, it's a must listen!
  • "Except for Grace"
  • "Beautiful" - Joyce said they hadn't staged this one before, but they were going to try it out last night. And I'm sure glad they did!
  • "Doxology"- They were going to end the night with this one and what an ending, but Duane asked if they would do one more!
  • "So High" - This was the finale to a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!