Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chris Jenkins New Tenor for Kingsmen

The Kingmen announced their new tenor today to replace Harold Reed who left the group last December. Here's the press release:

The Kingsmen are pleased to announce the addition of Chris Jenkins as their new tenor vocalist.

Chris, 25, has been singing in various ministries and groups since his teenage years. Most recently he was the tenor vocalist for The Vintage Quartet, joining that group in 2010. Prior to joining The Kingsmen, Chris worked as a loan officer and banking manager for the last six years. 

"I am so thankful that God has allowed me to do what I have always loved to do," says Chris. "I could not be more excited about joining a group with such a legacy and rich history as The Kingsmen. I have been a fan of The Kingsmen since I was very young. I look forward to seeing what the future holds with this great quartet, especially this line-up of individuals as they are top-notch vocalists. It is a real honor to follow in the footsteps of some of my heroes who have passed through the ranks of The Kingsmen."

Chris will begin touring with the group immediately. In fact he has been filling in for them in recent weeks. Chris, his wife Kimberly, and two children make their home right outside of Greensboro, in the piedmont area of North Carolina.

Chris is looking forward to meeting many friends and fans of The Kingsmen as he begins this new chapter in his life. 

I am not familiar with Chris, but from what others have been saying I look forward to seeing him with the group. Hat tip to Southern Gospel Yankee for the YouTube clip of Chris with the Vintage Quartet. The Kingsmen are scheduled to be in Arkansas this summer, so I hope to be able to see this new lineup then!

1 comment:

  1. Bit belated, but thanks for the hat tip. Chris was a great hire!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!