Thursday, November 17, 2016

11th Hour on the 11th - Concert Recap

Last Friday was Veterans Day, 11/11, so it was only fitting that I see 11th Hour following through on the 11 theme. They were in Ward, Arkansas that night at Dayspring Baptist Church. The church has several concerts throughout the year and this was their last one for 2016.

The current lineup of 11th Hour is Amber Eppinette, Jaquita Lindsey and Grant Gibson. I love the sound that these three have together. They might be younger than most groups on the road, but they do an incredible job of communicating timeless lyrics with wisdom beyond their years.

11th Hour sang several songs from What a Moment, one of my personal favorite releases of 2016. Here are some highlights of the night -

  • "He Welcomes the Beggar" - I love this song, and this was my first time to see them sing the song live. I'm so glad to see them staging it!
  • "He'll Roll You Over the Tide" - I first heard them sing this one back in February. It had an incredible response from the audience. Then they staged it again at NQC. This young group does an incredible job on bringing new life to this classic and really making it resonate with a younger audience.
  • "He Sees What We Don't" - Every time I hear this song live, it's always going to be a highlight. This song never fails to speak to me. Incredible message, and Amber always communicates it so well!
  • "How Will You Plead" - Great song written by Amber and Dianne Wilkinson

They sang a really good mix of some of their most well-known songs like "Bloodline" and "Room With a View." It was also good to hear them stage a few of their first big songs like "Tomb to a Table" and "Adam's Fall." I had not heard Grant sing "Tomb to a Table" before; I'm glad they are doing that one live. I was also really glad that someone had asked to hear "Adam's Fall."

They also sang several more from What a Moment like "Can You Burn," "Mountain Moving Faith" and "I Am Bound." 

This lineup of 11th Hour has now been together for several years, and I think they are sounding better than ever! Be sure to check out their schedule and don't miss them if they are near you in concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!