Monday, July 16, 2012

Preview of Eyes Wide Open from Jeff and Sheri Easter

Jeff and Sheri Easter released a preview of their new album Eyes Wide Open that will be released on Sept. 18. Recently I've heard a couple of the songs at their concerts I've been to, and I'm really anticipating this 12-song project.

One of the songs, "I Know How It Feels to Survive" was co-written by Sheri and Madison Easter about Sheri's victory over breast cancer. Jeff's dad, James Easter, joins them on "I Won't Have to Worry Anymore." Sheri pays tribute to her mother, Polly, by re-recording "Standing Here Wondering, a song her mother sang with the Lewis Family. This project also features a song that Morgan remakes of her mother's, "I Wonder If He Ever Cries." Even Maura makes an appearance. I love all the family ties that this project has.

I got the privilege of hearing Sheri sing "Standing Here Wondering" in concert in El Dorado. It was the highlight of the night for me. Sheri shows off the incredible soulful side of her voice, and I feel like it will be a highlight on the album as well.

From the clips, it sounds like Morgan has an increased vocal role on this project. She has grown so much as a vocalist in last few years, and I think people are really going to notice what a great singer she has become with this project.

Most of the songs have a country sound with a few exceptions. Tracks that stand out to me so far are: "Standing Here Wondering," "I Know How It Feels How to Survive," "Love Is" "There Is a Purpose" and "I'll Take It." Making this list, it was really hard for me to narrow it down. I can't wait to hear the entire album! I have a feeling this is going to be one of their strongest projects to date.

Also, Sheri has started blogging about the different songs on Jeff and Sheri's website, be sure to check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the site and for commenting!